Apr 01

"I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:18).

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! Now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him" (1 John 1:2).

As incomprehensibly wonderful as it is to know that through faith in Christ we are now children of God, there is yet something even more magnificent waiting for us when Jesus comes again. Our glory will increase even more. We do not kow what this will be or yet see it, but we have God's sure word that it will be for all of his children.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" (1 Cor 2:9).

Knowing this, that such unimaginable glory awaits us as children of God, let us strive to be in reality, in our lives here on earth, what we are said to be by the Word of God: children of God.

Scripture for today: 2 Cor. 6:18
Thought for today: I am a child of God; God himself is my Father.
Prayer for today: Father God, I cannot comprehend the awesome gift you have given to me of letting me be your child. I cannot fathom the depth of this gift, but I do thank you for it and praise and worship you, my Father.

APR 01

No comments:

Post a Comment