Apr 04

Does the world really want to know the truth? The answer to this question can be found in Jesus' remark to the religious leaders who opposed him, as recorded in John 8. There, Jesus asked them:

"If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?" (v. 46).

Indeed. Many in the world claim to be seekers of the truth. Yet when the One who is the truth enters into this world, they reject him. Why? It is more than just the human weakness of arguing over the nature of truth and who can really say who is right and who is wrong. God is powerful enough to make truth known to whomever is truly searching for it.

I ran into this problem while counseling a young man who asked this very question. How could he know that Christianity is really true? There are so many religions in the world, how was he to know that Christianity was really the one that was right?

I referred him to John 7:17. This is a very powerful verse that reveals such a deep truth about reality and existence that it is easy to pass over its deep meaning. We do not always recognize the deepest truths because we are not sensitive to their appearance amidst common words or situations.

John 7:17 records Jesus as saying, "If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own."

If you really want the truth, you will recognize it in Jesus.

Scripture for today: John 7:17
Thought for today: Jesus is the truth.
Prayer for today: I love you Jesus, because I love the truth and you are the truth.

APR 04

No comments:

Post a Comment