Apr 06

Not everyone wants the truth.

This has always been a hard truth for me to accept, because I do want the truth very much. I have always sought out the truth about reality all my life. That not everyone does the same and that some run away from the truth, or even try to kill it, has always made no sense to me.

I remember the thrill I felt the first time I walked down the marble-lined, gigantic hallway in the library at the university I attended. With its high, vaulting archway, that long hallway gave the impression of a solemn, yet joyous atmosphere of learning and searching for truth. I was just entering into that atmosphere right out of high school, and I was excited and thrilled to have that opportunity.

At the end of the hallway, there was a huge stone wall. Engraved upon those blocks of stone, in gigantic letters, was the brief mission or goal of that university. I do not recall exactly what those words said, but I will never forget one section of that brief statement. It said something to the effect of "to seek truth". That was my goal and I was so excited to be given the opportunity to pursue that goal.

God has given all of us not only the opportunity to seek truth but to find it in Jesus Christ.

Scripture for today: Deut. 4:29
Thought for today: Seek truth while it may be found.
Prayer for today: Put in my heart, Lord, a desire for truth, a desire for you.

APR 06

No comments:

Post a Comment